Words Unspoken

What time has forgotten, the heart remembers.
( Photo By:Sweet Melissa )

Monday, January 25, 2010

Renewed

There was once a time the birds had no song,
The ocean crashed upon an empty shore,
The night was as vast as space where no
stars had been born,and the heart mourned for love.

Then suddenly there you were,breathing new
life into my soul.With one touch of your hand,
the pain of my past ran down my cheeks,
and disappeared into the world from which it came.
The sun set in the sky like blazing fire,
and there was a symphony.The birds took to
their song in chorus.I felt the splendor
of life like never before.

My heart beat against my chest as though
it were trying to escape my bosom.
and the stars, oh the stars, burst into
the midnight sky,shedding light over my world
like fireworks on the new year.

Born again I was,the first night you held me.
Your arms clinched around my body.
I could feel your every breath with mine.
You took my hand and led me to places
I had only envisioned in my dreams.
Showing me the wonders of your world.
You came into my life when all I had
was total desperation.

The thought of love was only a mirage
in the desert winds.An image of a time long
forgotten stored in the attic of my heart.
You rescued me from the abyss I had slipped
into, so dark and cold.The abyss that swallowed
me whole and held me captive in my misery.

Since that day, my world has been
full of the splendors of life, of you.
You have mended my heart with the threads of love.
And strengthened my soul with yours.

You are my all, my everything, My one Love

Copyright 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment